Thursday, April 17, 2014

H.M.S - The Cycle

My blogs seem to always revolve around my personal conflict, struggles, pain, emotions, or insight of present events. This one is slightly different and research based....I use "research" lightly, however. 

A friend and I have been keeping track of a little thing I like to call H.M.S for the past year. It's up to you through the duration of this post to determine what the initials stand for. 

I do not very often make a habit of living in the past. I don't play the what if game. I try...try to take the approach, whats in the past is there for a reason. I would have assumed that guys live by this motto as well. Wrong. Now hear me out before you quit reading...guys...I said it's research based!
 
I used to work at a subcontracted company at the hospital and we had a running joke that when a certain doctor was in the ER, it would be a full moon, and it would be packed with patients. More times than not, this was the case. Maybe the moon had something to do with it. Maybe it was sheer coincidence. 

MEN HAVE A CYCLE!                                          .

Now this friend (female) and I can go weeks without talking. But like clockwork I can message her or she I and we know when this very nonrandom men cycle has began for each other. It's the same. 

What cycle? When men come out of the woodwork and bombard our phones, facebook, or life in some capacity. We may have a friendship with them, we may have had a romantic history with them, things may have ended amiable, things may have ended with a clarity that we didn't want to even speak to each other again. Ultimately none of that matters during this cycle, because they have this vigor and ability to feel they have a right to start anew. 

Now, I'm not talking about a solitary incident with a solitary person of the male gender. I am talking about at least seven occasions in the past year for both myself and said friend where anywhere from three to upward of six plus will out of the blue, with no rhyme or reason try to weasel their way back into our life. 

H.M.S.  Clear and simple. 

I cannot think of any other reasonable purpose for this. Relationship status is irrelevant during these cycles. They will be present anyway. Said friend is married and it still doesn't matter! They still message. She can, during one cycle tell them in no uncertain terms to bugger off, and they may, but come next cycle there they reappear. 

It's interesting, humorous, and overwhelming. 

I laugh as I write this because I can already anticipate that some male friends in my life will be curious as to if this is about them and chances are if you think it may be, it probably isn't.

I wonder though if men are even aware this happens. Are you?? Are you aware that you too, indeed have a H.M.S cycle? Think about it.

2 comments: